Joy Wilson, also known as Joy the Baker, is a three-time cookbook author, baker and founder of The Bakehouse, an event space in New Orleans. Wilson puts a unique twist on classic American and Southern sweets and also started “Drake on Cake,” an Instagram account with over 203,000 followers where she creates cakes, pies and cupcakes frosted with her favorite lyrics written by music artist Drake.
Wilson recently announced her first product line, offered exclusively with Williams Sonoma, available online today and in store in mid-May. It features premium mixes that take the hassle out of home baking without sacrificing ingredients, taste and fun.
The product line includes the following, which are also available in a double set:
- Vanilla Sheet Cake with Praline Glaze ($19.95) – A classical vanilla cake with brown sugar pecan praline glaze
- Chocolate Sheet Cake with Neapolitan Frosting ($19.95) – Topped with billowy chocolate, vanilla and strawberry frostings, this chocolate cake has a colorful Neapolitan look
- Espresso Chocolate Sheet Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting ($19.95) – Real espresso and coffee enhance the rich chocolate flavor with billowy peanut butter frosting
- Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes ($18.95) – Enriched with oats, golden raisins, Bourbon Vanilla and Saigon cinnamon with a hint of maple
- Carrot Cake Pancakes ($18.95) – Joy’s famous flapjacks with brown sugar, nutmeg, Saigon cinnamon and a ton of carrots with her cream-cheese topping
- Blueberry Pancake Muffins ($18.95) – Made with blueberries, bourbon vanilla and natural maple
In addition to her new product line, Wilson will be hosting a virtual event on Tuesday, May 18 at 5 pm PST/8 pm EST from The Bakehouse where guests can learn about her collection of mixes, and cook alongside her as she teaches them how to make a Sheet Cake from scratch and the Blueberry Pancake Muffins.