- Eggs, divided 7
- Red bell pepper chopped ½
- Green bell pepper chopped ½
- Salt or to taste ¼ tsp
- Pepper or to taste ¼ tsp
- Bacon, cooked as desired and crumbled 8 slices
- Refrigerated crescent rolls, Pillsbury crescents 2-8oz. pkgs
- Cheddar cheese shredded 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl beat 6 of the eggs and mix in the chopped peppers, salt and pepper. Cook the egg mixture in a skillet, scrambling until they are fully cooked.
- Open both packages of crescent rolls and separate into rectangles (two triangles together.) On parchment paper, layout the 8 rectangles with short ends forming a 6” circle.
- On each rectangle closet to the circle, spoon the bacon and cooked egg mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Fold the long end of the rectangle completely over the egg mixture and press to bottom of pastry to seal. Using a fork, gently open the perforations. Beat the remaining egg and brush the pastry.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until the crescents are cooked and golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley, if preferred. Serve warm.
Formulation courtesy of American Egg Board