Hershey is introducing a new blossoms cookie, the Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms, to spark festive cookie baking this year. With a sugar cookie base and the new Hershey’s Kisses Sugar Cookie candy at the center, the new Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms are a colorful addition to holiday traditions.
The inspiration for the new recipe comes from Hershey’s home state, Pennsylvania. The sugar cookie is a holiday favorite that was introduced to the world by Dutch settlers in Pennsylvania in the 1700s, and now serves as the base for the new Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms.
“The Hershey Kitchen elves have been hard at work this year creating festive ways to brighten the holiday season,” says Erin Crawford, brand manager, Hershey holiday team. “We know that blossoms are holiday cookie staple. This year we wanted to introduce something new and festive showcasing our newest holiday Kisses - Hershey’s Kisses Sugar Cookie candy. The Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms are colorful, super easy cookies to make; bound to make sweet and special memories in the kitchen this holiday season.”
Hershey’s Kisses Holiday Sugar Cookie Blossoms Recipe (yields 36 cookies)
- 36 Hershey’s Kisses Sugar Cookie Candies
- Sugar cookie dough or mix
- Green and red decorator’s sugar
- Heat oven to 375° F. Remove wrappers from candies; set aside.
- Mix cookie dough following package directions for cutout cookies. Divide dough into 36 equal (about 1-1/4 inch) balls; roll in green or red sugar. Place balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie edges are set. Cool 2 minutes; press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Find more recipes at the Hershey Happiness website.