- 1⁄2 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1 sheet of reduced fat shortcrust pastry
- 14 oz canned pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1⁄2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 2⁄3 cup Greek yogurt to serve
- Preheat oven to 355°F and grease an 8 inch pie dish (or tart tin) with coconut oil.
- Press pastry sheet into pie dish to line, trimming any over hanging edges. Cover with baking paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans or rice. Bake for 10 minutes then remove baking paper and weights and reduce oven temperature to 320°F.
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a bowl until combined. Pour into pastry case and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut into 8 wedges and serve with yogurt. Store remaining pie covered in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Formulation courtesy of Dan Churchill