Yields 64 servings
- Pillsbury™ Crème Cake Mix (11386) 5 lb or 1 box
- Eggs, large 1 lb 6.00 oz or 11 each
- Brown sugar, packed 1 lb 4.00 oz or 2 1/2 cups
- Corn syrup 8 oz or 1 cup
- Butter, softened 12 oz or 1 1/2 cups
- Water, cool (approx. 72°F) 10 oz or 1 1/4 cups
- Rum 4 oz or 1/2 cup
- Pecans 12 oz or 3 1/4 cups
- Add cake mix, eggs, brown sugar and corn syrup to mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment.
- Mix on low speed for 1 minute, then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes; stop mixer, scrape bowl and paddle.
- Add butter, water and rum; mix on low speed 3 additional minutes.
- Add pecans and mix on low speed 1 minute.
- Deposit batter into lightly greased or parchment-lined full sheet pan; bake as directed below and allow to cool before portioning.
- Bake as directed below:
- Convection Oven* - 300°F for 25-28 minutes
- *Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 12 minutes of baking.
- Standard Oven - 350°F for 30-33 minutes
For half sheet pan size, scale 3 lb 5 oz into each of 2 pans and adjust baking time as needed.