During the month of January, Lebanon, Indiana’s Titus Bakery is celebrating 40 years of business at its two central Indiana locations.
For 40 years Titus Bakery has operated from its location in Lebanon, originally serving a variety of pastries. In 2012, founder Bill Titus decided to retire and enlisted the help of his daughter Terry Rake to find a buyer. However, Terry saw this as an opportunity to grow the business and keep it in the family. In addition to expanding hours and visibility, Terry began an extending offering on the cakes, pies, cookies, other baked items, and added a deli. She then changed the name from Titus Pastries to Titus Bakery.
In honor of its milestone, the bakery is hosting several events in the area:
- On Thursday, January 9, founder Bill Titus will be present at the Lebanon location from 9-11 a.m. to greet and reminisce with customers.
- On Sunday, January 12 at its Westfield location and Saturday, January 18 at its Lebanon location, Titus Bakery will host a Wine and Donuts tasting event in partnership with Cork and Barrel wine bar. Five wines from around the world will be paired with donuts. Each person will receive a one-ounce sample pour of wine and featured donuts will include Maple Bacon, Peanut Butter Fluff, Pershing, Nut Stick, and Black Forest.
- On Tuesday, January 14 at the Lebanon location and Wednesday, January 15 at the Westfield location, guests can sample Titus Bakery cake.
- On Friday, January 17 at the Lebanon location, officers from the Lebanon Police Department will be at the bakery for Coffee with a Cop event, bringing police officers and community members together over coffee to discuss issues and learn more about each other.
- On Saturday, January 18 at the Westfield location and Friday, January 31 at the Lebanon location, guests can sample a Titus sandwich featuring Boar’s Head-brand meat and cheese.
Additionally, all month-long Titus Bakery is encouraging children from ages 5-17 to help design a new donut. One design will be selected per location. The winning donut will be based on creativity, flavor combination, and individuality. Each design will be offered for sale during the month of March at each respective location. The winning design including the winner’s name and photo will be announced the first week of February and each winner will receive a $50 gift certificate. To enter, entry forms can be picked up and returned to a Titus Bakery location by Friday, January 31.