On Monday, December 2, the International Artisan Bakery Expo (IABE) announced the opening of attendee registration for its second annual event, which will take place March 31-April 2, 2020 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Co-located alongside the renowned International Pizza Expo, the events allow bakery attendees the ability to visit both show floors and attend the 70+ pizza‐related on‐floor demonstrations, educational seminars, and networking events.
“There isn’t another niche in the foodservice industry as exciting as the artisan baking community. Finally, after more than a decade of YouTube being the best place to learn, artisan bakery entrepreneurs have a trade show of their own,” says Peter Lachapelle, Show Director. “For the second year in a row, the world’s best baking consultants, instructors, industry suppliers and artisan bakers from all over the country are gathering. Their goal is to research the best techniques, ingredients and equipment focusing on their needs exclusively.”
Anthony Falco, International Pizza Consultant, and Ken Forkish, James Beard Award-winning baker, will deliver the keynote addresses the first two mornings of the event. A wide variety of seminars and demonstrations were designed for artisan bakers, led by artisan bakers, thanks to IABE's partnerships with key associations such as the Bread Bakers Guild of America (BBGA).
Other unique educational sessions and demonstrations include:
- Extreme Donuts - Presenter: Rachel Wyman
- Investing in Your Food Service Team - Presenters: Leslie Mackie & Scott France
- Brush Up Your Bread Shaping - Presenter: Melina Kelson
- Home Baking Business & The Cottage Law - Presenter: Jorg Amsler
- Social Media Boot Camp - Presenter: Mitchie Curran
- Tartines & Savory Pastries - Presenter: Solveig Tofte
- Heritage Grains in Bread & Pastries - Presenter: Ellen King
- Tips on Producing the Perfect Donut - Presenter: Stephen Chavez
- The Art of Hispanic Sweet Breads - Presenter: Pedro Silva
- Baking with Cannabis ‐ CBD Oil - Presenter: Glenn Cybulski