Salt & Straw, a chain of West Coast ice cream shops, has taken the traditional Thanksgiving meal to a new level with its latest flavors. The Thanksgiving Celebration Series features five flavors that recreate the five-course meal as ice cream.
The series includes these unique flavors:
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Maple Pecans – The take on the dessert masquerading as a side is rounded out with whipped maple fluff and crunchy pecan praline.
- Roasted Peach & Sage Cornbread Stuffing – Cornbread cookies and fresh sage bring out the classic herbiness. Dollops of tart peach jam brighten it all up for a complex, woodsy ice cream.
- Salted Caramel Thanksgiving Turkey – Salt & Straw partnered with Diestel Family Ranch for the crispy skin and roasted it to perfection before folding in pieces to brittle. The ice cream is then stuffed with housemade caramel with aromatics and basted with duck fat for extra richness.
- Blood Orange Cranberry Sauce – Pacific Northwest cranberries are cooked with a little sugar until they burst and thicken, then combined with crimson blood oranges. Coconut cream mellows out the tart vegan ice cream.
- Spiced Goat Cheese & Pumpkin Pie – Salt & Straw simmers pumpkin puree, warm spices, sugar, vanilla, and eggs, then folds in goat cheese spiked with ginger and cinnamon to offset the sweetness.
The November flavors are available in Salt & Straw stores in Portland, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, and can also be ordered in pints through Postmates.