Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito run Baked, a bakery with locations in New York City and Tokyo that has earned praise all over the world. Matt and Renato have turned their love for desserts into a thriving business over the last 14+ years, releasing best-selling cookbooks, being nominated for James Beard Awards for Outstanding Pastry Chef and Outstanding Baker, and getting attention from Oprah Winfrey and Martha Stewart, among others.
The duo has also provided expertise in creating several recipes for QUALISOY featuring its high oleic soybean oil. One of those is Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf, an ideal treat for the fall season.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
Makes 2 loaves
- AP flour : 480g
- Cinnamon: 2 teaspoons
- Nutmeg: ½ teaspoon
- Ground allspice: 2g
- Ground ginger: 2g
- Baking soda: 2 teaspoons
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoons
- Pumpkin puree: 444g
- High oleic soybean oil: 1 cup
- Sugar: 635g
- Eggs: 4
- Vanilla: 1 teaspoon
- Water: 2/3 cup
- Chocolate chips: 260g
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, mix the puree, high oleic soybean oil, and sugar together until fully incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time, along with the vanilla until fully incorporated. Add the water and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet. Do not overmix. There should be trace amounts of flour.
- Scoop/distribute the mixture evenly into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 325°F for 50-60 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool before removing from pan. Let cool completely before slicing or wrapping.