The annual Pie Night series at Dominique Ansel Kitchen in New York City is a beloved tradition that continues to get bigger and better. Dominique Ansel has announced the return of Pie Nights for this year, taking place on Tuesdays through Thursdays in September and early October.
Those who purchase a Pie Night ticket will receive all-you-can-eat sweet and savory pies for one hour, ice cream to make the pies a la mode, warm mulled cider, and craft cocktails.
This year’s edition will have a special twist. Dominique Ansel has invited some of his friends and food industry celebrities to contribute favorite recipes to the offerings. Martha Stewart, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Ruth Reichl, Danny Meyer, and Aaron Franklin are sharing pie recipes for the event.
The menu for Pie Nights includes:
- Orange Blossom Ruffled Milk Pie, with orange blossom custard, cinnamon, and wildflower honey in a crispy phyllo crust
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie, with caramelized Gala apples and gooey soft caramel in a lattice-topped pie crust
- Martha Stewart’s Upside Down Lemon Meringue Pie, with creamy homemade lemon curd in a pillowy meringue “crust,” topped with Chantilly
- Danny Meyer’s Chocolate Cream Pie with silky chocolate topped high with airy Chantilly, dark and milk chocolate “feathers,” and Maldon sea salt
- Ruth Reichl’s Sour Cherry Crostata, filled with sour cherries and a hint of lemon zest in a crisp cookie-like demerara crust
- Spanakopita Pie with garlic-sautéed baby spinach, fresh ricotta, feta, and nutmeg, framed within a crisp phyllo crust
- Boudin Blanc & Roasted Mushroom Pie with boudin blanc handmade by Aurelien Dufour in New York City, slow-roasted button mushrooms sautéed with garlic, onion, and a splash of sherry, in a golden pie crust
- Homestyle Braised Chicken and Bacon Pot Pie, with slow-braised chicken thighs, bacon, tender fresh vegetables, and a hint of Chardonnay, in a homestyle flaky biscuit-topped pie crust
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Alsatian Onion Tart with slowly caramelized Vidalia onions with silky béchamel, topped with Gruyère and pickled white onion
- Aaron Franklin’s Brisket Shepherd’s Pie with tender beef brisket slow-cooked with Bordeaux, Worcestershire, and rosemary, topped with garlic mashed Yukon gold potatoes and pickled fennel
Tickets for Pie Nights are $59 per person and will launch at 12 p.m. EST on Friday, August 30 via Resy. Dates and times available are as follows:
- Tuesday 9/10, Wednesday 9/11, Thursday 9/12
- Tuesday 9/17, Wednesday 9/18, Thursday 9/19
- Tuesday 9/24, Wednesday 9/25, Thursday 9/26
- Tuesday 10/1, Wednesday10/2, Thursday 10/3