This summer, one of the coolest places to be is in San Francisco. The city is hosting a celebration of one of the season’s iconic treats when the Museum of Ice Cream (MOIC) debuts its newest experience called Summer Camp.
From Thursday, July 4 until Sunday, September 22, ice cream fans can purchase tickets to the event that includes ice cream tastings and treats exclusive to Museum of Ice Cream's San Francisco location. Additionally, the Summer Camp experience will feature:
- A theater experience with a sweet take on the beloved “River-Crossing Game,” where campers cross the River of Color to find treasure.
- Campers can create friendship bracelets, a keychain for the new school year, or a gift for a special someone from MOIC’s wall of beads, all while tasting custom Dippin’ Dots flavors.
- Marye’s, MOIC’s camp cafeteria, will host ice cream trivia for the chance to earn a s’more inspired treat – a marshmallow soft-serve ice cream in a chocolate-dipped mini cone dusted with graham cracker crumbs.
- Campers will snack on ice cream Chipwiches as they gather around under a starry sky to tell stories.
- In the Rainbow Room, campers can pretend to be their favorite animal in order to earn a wildlife badge, which grants them access to taste MOIC’s unicorn mascot’s favorite treat: the creamsicle pie.
- MOIC’s lifeguard on duty will keep an eye on campers as they dive into the world’s largest sprinkle pool to test their swimming skills in order to earn their final badge and become an official Sprinkle Scout. The pool also features a basketball hoop and a slide.
The Museum of Ice Cream San Francisco is open Wednesday-Monday each week, with tickets costing $38 per person (children 2 and under are free) or $29 per person for groups of 10 or more.