Dominique Ansel has been in New York City for nearly 15 years. In that time, the pastry innovator has created some true classics, including the Cronut.
To celebrate that special anniversary, Dominique Ansel Bakery is releasing a special line of desserts inspired by the Big Apple. Starting on July 4th and lasting until Labor Day, the bakery is offering this collection featuring nine brand-new desserts.
Those desserts include:
- Bodega Coffee Tiramisu – Honoring the iconic blue coffee cups at the corner bodega, this treat features an espresso & amaretto-soaked almond biscuit, mascarpone ganache, and dark chocolate mousse
- “Everything Bagel & Schmear” Pavlova – A honey graham cracker meringue topped with sesame seed, poppy seeds, and toasted coconut, filled with cheese mousse and sour cherry jam
- New York Slice - A strawberry tart, with fromage blanc mousse, fresh sliced strawberries, strawberry basil jam, kirsch-soaked almond biscuit, and vanilla sable, made to look like a slice of New York pizza
- Pretzel – Resembling a cart soft pretzel, this features a pretzel bavaroise, soft caramel, and crispy peanut butter feuilletine
- Haute Dog – Resembling a cart hot dog, this features ladyfingers soaked in coconut syrup, with raspberry cremeux, passion fruit curd and shredded coconut
- A Bite of the Big Apple – An apple-shaped dessert with apple gelée, fresh Gala apples, and vanilla bavaroise, set atop vanilla sablé with a hint of sharp cheddar
- A Stroll in Central Park Chocolate Hazelnut Acorn - Hazelnut mousse, blackberry crème de cassis jam, hazelnut dacquoise, and crispy hazelnut feuilletine
- Yellow Taxi Salted Caramel Éclair – Filled with creamy salted caramel pastry cream
- Spring Street Chocolate Éclair – Filled with chocolate pastry cream and named for the street where the bakery resides