In celebration of mothers, bite-sized cupcake bakery Baked by Melissa is teaming up with non-profit Every Mother Counts to benefit mothers everywhere.
Launched on Wednesday, May 1, the new dulce de leche flavor features a white vanilla cupcake with orange salted caramel icing. It can be purchased a la carte in-store or as part of May’s Latest & Greatest 25-pack in-store or online. Baked by Melissa will donate 10 cents to Every Mother Counts for every individual cupcake and 30 cents for every Latest & Greatest 25-pack sold.
Hundreds of thousands of girls and women around the world die every year from complications in pregnancy or childbirth, and 90 percent of these deaths are preventable. Every Mother Counts was founded by Christy Turlington Burns in 2010 and aims to help make pregnancy and childbirth safer for every mother.
For those looking to treat their mothers on Mother’s Day, Baked by Melissa has plenty of gift options available. Among those are:
- “Groovy Mama” Mother’s Day 25-pack with Custom Gift Box ($35.00)
- “Best Mother Ever” Mother’s Day 25-pack ($28.00)
- “Flower Child” 6-pack ($8.00, in-store only)
- “Flower Child” Bundle of 3 6-packs ($24.00)
- Mother’s Day 25-Box ($35.00 - $44.50) – Mother’s Day gift box with her favorite Baked by Melissa 25-pack assortment
Each Mother’s Day pack comes in colorful packaging with special flavors such as chocolate blackout cake, sugar cookie, classic s’mores, strawberry milkshake, vanilla and sprinkles, and customer-favorite electric tie-dye.