The International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association (IDDBA) is proud to present the rockin’ Show & Sell Center, a 10,000 square foot model store, at the association’s 47th annual seminar and expo, Dairy-Deli-Bake 2011. The event features Rock Star Food and will be held June 5-7 in Anaheim, CA.
Every year, attendees flock to the Show & Sell Center to experience the creative new merchandising concepts on display. Here are just a few of the trends to look for on the show floor:
1) Wellthy Eating. Diets are out, healthy eating is in as consumers embrace the idea that eating well is the key to better health and longevity across all age groups.
2) Food that Moves. Food mobility takes on new meaning as consumers rely on mobile devices for meal planning, purchasing, recipes, and price comparisons. Smart phone apps offer instant discounts, advance ordering, and delivery. It’s not just fast food, it’s fast marketing.
3) Cross-Cuisine. Consumers are open and willing to try new taste combinations and unusual food links. Ethnic dishes that jump countries and cultures are seeing new growth along with long-time favorites like Italian, Mexican, and Asian.
4) Art and Hearth. Artisan foods are finding a new appreciation by home cooks (including men, teens, and children) who are adding a touch of pizzazz to their menus and entertainment. Men are no longer relegated to the grill – they’re very much at home on the range. The economic woes that sent families back to the dinner table have shifted focus to family night and more home cooking and dining.
5) My Way. Consumers want to know where their food came from and how it was grown. Some are growing their own, preserving their own, and doing their own butchering. Natural, organic, and locavore trends will continue to gain ground.
6) Right-Sized. When it comes to satisfying your sweet tooth, a treat can be bite-sized or family-sized. And, while the size doesn’t matter, the taste does – it must be sinfully delicious. Consumers are making dietary trade-offs that allow them to indulge but not bulge.
You can sign up for a FREE photo CD (approximately 700 photos) that highlights the exciting displays and merchandising ideas. It’s FREE, but you have to sign up in person.
Be sure to check out the Show & Sell Center at IDDBA’s Dairy-Deli-Bake Seminar and Expo. For complete show details go to www.iddba.org.