Miami ice cream shop Dasher & Crank is using some of the city’s best desserts to create some exceptional ice cream flavors in celebration of National Dessert Day on Sunday, October 14.
Eight limited-time flavors come courtesy of partnerships with Zak the Baker, The Salty Donut, Cindy Lou’s Cookies, Bunnie Cakes, and Fireman Derek’s.
“I have great relationships with all of these businesses,” Dasher & Crank co-founder Daniel Levine tells Miami New Times. “It's incredible how helpful people in the industry are with each other. Everyone is so eager to give advice, lend a helping hand, or collaborate on something”
Since its opening in April, Dasher & Crank has become known for its unique flavors, and these latest additions are no different:
- Zak the Baker – Two flavors have been created using the bakery’s chocolate and cinnamon pastries.
- The Salty Donut – A Per'La espresso coffee and donut flavor has been made using the Salty Donut's brown butter and sea salt donut.
- Cindy Lou’s Cookies – The bakery created a new cookie, brownie krispy crunch, to be used in the ice cream flavor. It’s fudge brownie-style cookie smeared with Nutella and topped with milk chocolate and Rice Krispies, and Dasher & Crank combines chunks of it into a chocolate ice cream base.
- Bunnie Cakes – This vegan flavor uses cashew milk blended with the bakery’s confetti cake.
- Fireman Derek’s – Three flavors are being made using the bakery’s pie flavors. That includes chunky flan with caramel custard and a flan-sauce swirl, guava berry crumble with vanilla ice cream, and salted caramel ice cream with salted caramel pie chunks.
There will be a very limited supply of these flavors, but based on their popularity they could be brought back at a later date. “With desserts this good, we tried to stay out of the way and let them shine through,” Levine says.