Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
1 cup DOVE Chocolate Baking Chips
1½ cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground clove
29 ounces pumpkin pie filling
1½ cup unsalted butter
1½ cup confectioners sugar
¾ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground clove. Set aside
3. In a stand mixer, combine sugar and oil until combined.
4. Incorporate eggs into combined sugar and oil mixture one at a time.
5. Add half of the flour mixture followed by half of the pumpkin pie filling into wet ingredients and combine. Alternatively, add remaining flour mixture and pumpkin pie filling and mix until combined.
6. Gently fold in DOVE Chocolate Baking Chips.
7. Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
8. In a mixer, combine butter and confectioners sugar until smooth.
9. Add remaining ingredients and mix on high until frosting is fluffy. Set aside.
10. When cooled, top with maple frosting and decorate with DOVE Chocolate Baking Chips. Serve.
Formulation courtesy of MARS Chocolate North America