190 g Muscovado sugar
5 g salt
2 ea orange zest
120 g butter (room temperature)
200 g Blond ORELYS 35% Chocolate
50 g eggs
7 g vanilla extract
240 g cake flour
8 g baking powder
2 g baking soda
160 g orange juice
100 g fresh cranberries
100 g pecans (coarsely chopped)
60 g Muscovado sugar
115 g butter (room temperature)
135 g almond flour
115 g all-purpose flour
3 g salt
1. In a stand mixer bowl with a paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, and orange zest until well mixed.
2. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until it’s well emulsified.
3. Add the sifted dry ingredients of flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
4. Add the orange juice. Stir together to incorporate.
5. Add the cranberries, pecans, and ORELYS 35% Chocolate and fold into the batter.
6. To make the streusel, combine all of the ingredients.
7. Bake at 325F about 15 minutes for 50g mini cakes or until the cake is golden brown and the center is cooked through (depending on the size ) by using the skewers inserting into the center of the cake.
1. In a stand mixer bowl and using a paddle attachment, mix until combined.
2. Break into pea size pieces and put aside in the fridge.
Formulation courtesy of Valrhona