2 cups pecan pieces or halves
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup lemon curd
1/2 cup berries (blueberries or raspberries)
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
2. Add pecans, butter, and sugar to a food processor. Blend until mixture comes together to form a coarse dough.
3. Scoop about 2 teaspoons of the pecan mixture in each muffin tin. Use the back of a wooden spoon or your fingers to press mixture evenly along the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
4. Bake for 12 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Allow crusts to cool completely before removing them from pan.
Makes 24 crusts
Lemon Berry Tarts
1. Spoon 1 teaspoon of lemon curd into each mini pecan crust. Top with 1 raspberry or 3 small blueberries. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Formulation courtesy of the American Pecan Council