|Butter, unsalted, softened||1 lb||2 cups|
|Sugar, brown, packed||14 oz||2 cups|
|Eggs, large, whole||7 oz||4 large|
|Water, cool (approx. 72°F)||2 oz||1/4 cup|
|5 lb||1 box|
|Chocolate chips, semisweet||3 lb 12 oz||10 cups|
1) Beat butter and sugar in mixer bowl using paddle attachment on medium speed 2 minutes.
2) Add eggs and water. Mix on low speed 30 seconds.
3) Add cake mix. Mix on low speed 1 minute. Stop mixer. Scrape bowl and paddle.
4) Add chocolate chips. Mix on low speed just until incorporated, approximately 30 seconds. DO NOT OVERMIX.
5) Deposit with #20 scoop in 3x4 pattern onto greased or parchment-lined full sheet pan.
Convection Oven* 300°F 14-16 minutes
Standard Oven 375°F 15-17 minutes
*Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180 degrees) after 7 minutes of baking.
Formulation courtesy of General Mills Convenience & Foodservice