Bittersweet chocolate 340 grams / 12 ounces
Unsalted butter, cubed 170 grams / 6 ounces
Sunsweet Dried Plum Purée 140 grams/ 1/2 cup
Hazelnut flour 130 grams / 1 cup
Tapioca flour 35 grams / 1/4 cup
Salt 4 grams / 1 teaspoon
Eggs, large 300 grams / 6 each
Demerara sugar 180 grams / 1 cup
Vanilla 10 grams / 2 teaspoon
Yield: four 4.5-inch cakes or one 9-inch cake (if baking one cake, check for doneness after 40 minutes)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly butter four 4.5-inch springform pans.
2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir well. Stir in the purée.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the hazelnuts, tapioca flour, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until evenly blended. Whisk the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar gradually, then continue to whisk until smooth. Stir in the hazelnut mixture.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cakes are set on the sides (they may still be soft in the center) and the top is dry to the touch.
5. Cool completely on a wire rack completely before removing the pans.
Formulation courtesy of Sunsweet