Makes 15 bars
Sunsweet Diced Dried Plums 70 grams / 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter 57 grams / 1/4 cup
Rolled oats 200 grams / 2 cups
Unsweetened coconut flakes 30 grams / 1/2 cup
Flaxseed meal 25 grams / 1/4 cup
Sesame seeds 20 grams / 1/8 cup
Honey 165 grams / 1/2 cup
Maple syrup 25 grams / 1 tablespoon
Kosher salt 4 grams / 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon .5 gram / 1/4 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Oil an 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
2. Pour enough hot water from the tap over the plums to cover and soak for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat the butter in a straight-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Add the oats coconut, flaxseed meal, and sesame seeds and stir frequently until the oats have deepened to a light amber color, about 6 minutes. If the oats start to darken too quickly at the edges, lower the heat. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. In a small pot, bring the honey, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken the syrup. Pour the syrup over the oats. Stir in the Plum Amazins. Using a spatula, thoroughly mix the ingredients so that the oats are evenly coated in the syrup.
5. Press the oats evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until the top is a deep golden brown, 20 to 24 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Unmold onto a cooling rack and cool completely. Cut into 1 1/2 by 2 1/2-inch bars.
Formulation courtesy of Sunsweet