1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and cut out pieces using a medium sized round edge cookie cutter. Then under the circle piece, cut a piece for the base with a knife and gently place them together.
2. These cookies are iced using flood consistency royal icing. To make icing for this method, mix a batch of royal icing and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 15, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Mix batches of icing using Sky Blue, Red Red, Brown and Leaf Green Premium Gel Colors.
4. Use a #3 Piping Tip to pipe Sky Blue all over the circle portion of the cookie and use a tooth pick to evenly distribute the icing. Then, before the icing dries, sprinkles some white non-pareils on the icing.
5. Do the same flooding as the previous step but with red icing on the base of the cookie.
6. After the run sugar is set, use a #3 Piping Tip and white icing, to pipe on the base of the globe. Then cover the icing with white non-pareils.
7. Using a #2 Piping Tip and Brown to pipe a small tree trunk. Then use a #2 Piping Tip and Leaf Green icing to pipe a tree. Let set for 1-2 hours. When set, take a #2 Piping tip with white icing and pipe snow on the trees making it more realistic with a few swipes from a brush.
8. Finally, attach Jolly Snowmen Dec-Ons® decorations onto the cookies with a dab of icing.
To order everything you need to decorate these cookies, please click here.
Decorating idea courtesy of Lucks