Elite bakers compete in Food Network’s Best Baker in America
In the competition, nine world-class bakers from across the country are tested in their ability to create elegant and delicious baked goods. Among these challenges is a Skills Challenge that tests their mastery of the essential technical skills of baking, followed by a Master Challenge that tests the baker's prowess working with specific flavors and ingredients.
One baker will earn the top prize of $25,000 and the title of Best Baker in America. The winner will be determined by judges Jason Smith and Marcela Valladolid, as well as a rotating selection of guest judges such as baking digital influencers Yolanda Gampp, Joshua John Russell and Gemma Stafford, and prominent cake and pastry experts Florian Bellanger, Shinmin Li, Sherry Yard and Zac Young.
This season’s competitors include:
- Becca Craig (Philadelphia, Pa. – Executive Cake Chef)
- Kym DeLost (Chicago, Ill. – Pastry Chef))
- Jeremy Fogg (New Orleans, La. – Pastry Chef)
- Frania Mendivil (Los Angeles, Ca. - Executive Pastry Chef)
- Leigh Omilinsky (Chicago, Ill. - Pastry Chef)
- Lasheeda Perry (Atlanta, Ga. – Executive Pastry Chef)
- Max Santiago (Miami, Fla. – Executive Pastry Chef)
- Jean-Francois Suteau (White Sulphur Springs, W. Va. – Executive Pastry Chef)
- Adam Young (Mystic, Conn. – Bakery Owner and Head Pastry Chef)
“The art of baking requires incredible skill and the utmost dedication to detail, while also being able to perfectly balance technique and imagination to create the perfect dessert,” says Courtney White, Senior Vice President, Programming, Food Network, Travel Channel and Cooking Channel. “Through the competition these nine bakers have their work cut out for them if they are going to impress the judges, and prove to viewers at home that they have what it takes to be the Best Baker in America!”