Pinterest releases 2018 wedding food trends report
Each year, Pinterest releases a wedding trend report. Among the categories it covers are style, hair, makeup, décor, honeymoons, and most importantly (to us), food. For 2018, Pinterest shares some of the delicious accompaniments that will be enjoyed at wedding receptions.
- Pizza – While one of the most popular foods in America, the dish has yet to dominate at wedding receptions. That may change this year, as mentions of pizza at weddings are up 120% on Pinterest.
- Vegan Wedding Food – Couples will look to please the vegan crowd by offering food that satisfies their dietary restrictions, as mentions of vegan wedding food are up 186%.
- Snacks – Small bites, such as pretzel bars (+343%) and late night snacks (+236%) are a popular way to attack those cravings after hours on the dance floor.
- Minimalize Cakes – This year, many wedding receptions will feature cakes that keep it simple (+235%) with frosting.
- Metallic Cakes – Metallic decorations (+476%) have remained popular after bursting onto the scene years ago. They can adapt to many styles, making them a fashionable choice.
- Fig Cakes – These cakes are seeing the biggest rise (+575%) among the food trends. Figs add a low-key elegance that factors into the minimalize trend.
Weddings are about love, and there is sure to be a lot of love for these tasty trends in the coming year.