RBA announces teams for Pillsbury Baker’s Plus Grand Champion Creative Decorating Competition
The competition, which takes place October 14-15 during The Americas Cake Fair in Orlando, Florida, will feature talented decorating teams that will be challenged in imagination, artistry, and skill over the two-day period. Each team consists of regional affiliate winners as well as top portfolio entries.
Categories for which the competing teams will be judged are a wedding cake, a rolled fondant cake, and a sculpted cake. The highest scoring team, as determined by a panel of judges, will be awarded the Pillsbury Baker’s Plus Grand Champion Trophy as well as a cash prize.
The five teams announced by RBA include:
- Belinda Martinez and Cythia Velazquez from the The Cake Plate, Austin, TX
- Alethea Hickman and Elena Vara from the Passion for Pastry, Coral Springs, FL
- John Natter and Lisa Smith from Ann's Cake Pan, Horsham, PA
- Megan Bignell and Kyle Baker from the Thirsty Whale, Minneapolis, MN
- Diane Ahrens and Daisy Janisch from the Piece-A-Cake, Chicago, IL
Contestants must bring their own tools and specialty items. There is no limitation on the use of molds, impression mats, and fondants rollers, which can be used in all categories.