Worldwide baking comes to Host Milano 2017
Every other year, bakers’ arts are showcased at Host Milano, one of the world’s largest exhibitions for baking, pastries, ice cream, coffee, and catering.
Between Friday, October 20 and Tuesday, October 24, 2017, manufacturers of raw and semi-processed materials, machinery, and processing and storing accessories and equipment will all be converging on the Bread, Pizza and Pasta area at Fieramilano’s pavilions in the town of Rho.
A full year before the doors open, over 1,158 companies have already booked their space. As a sign of just how international the display floor will be, 42% of these companies are from forty-four different nations, while the remaining 58% represent Made in Italy at the Fair.
Among the different nations, Germany will have the strongest foreign presence, followed by the United States. Many of the top industry companies will be present, including Domino, Imperia & Monferrina, Tagliavini, Belshaw Adamatic Bakery Group, Wiesheu, Mecnosud, Gecoma, Forni Ceky, Alfa Refrattari, Caplain Machines, Schneider, Morello Forni, and Zanolli.
Host 2017 has a special focus on North America and Middle East. The Fair is working to attract high-profile visitors from one of the world’s highest growth potential regions: North America. Bearing this in mind, Host has entered into agreements with leading North American trade associations and stakeholders like the FEDA (Foodservice Equipment Distributors Association), which has 255 distributor members who generate 75% of industry turnover in the HoReCa machinery and provision industry – corresponding to turnover of $11 billion every year.
Host guarantees high-quality exhibitors, visitors and events (of which it staged more than 400 last time). For the bakers’ arts alone, Host 2017 is putting on the European Pizza Championship staged by Pizza e Pasta Italiana. Pastrymakers can look forward to the world finals of the Cake Designers World Championship and the World Trophy of Pastry, Ice Cream and Chocolate, in collaboration with the FIPGC (Federazione Internazionale Pasticceria Gelateria Cioccolateria), with sixteen finalists selected from all four corners of the globe pitting their wits against one another with spectacular creations; this year, the special focus is on coffee and chocolate.
Host will be an ideal place to go to find out about the latest trends in food, hospitality, and retail. Every two years, Fieramilano’s pavilions open up a whole new world, but in between one edition and the next the organizers never cease to work and improve the Fair through special events on the web and social networks, as part of an ongoing dialogue with professionals keen every day to explore their world and seize the latest business opportunities.