Master chocolatier Norman Love partners with Princess Cruises
Princess Cruises announced today a new series of exquisite chocolate offerings within the line’s exclusive “Chocolate Journeys” experience, as well as results from the second annual chocolate survey which measures America’s love for chocolate. In partnership with internationally acclaimed master chocolatier and pastry designer Chef Norman Love, the new chocolate offerings allow guests to indulge in even more deliciously rich experiences including custom-crafted signature desserts in new venues throughout the ship, chocolate pairings with tea and more.
“We’re delighted to continue our partnership with one of the most decorated chocolatiers in the world,” said Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises. “It’s been an exciting journey working with Chef Love to create and share a variety of unique and delicious experiences that continue to surprise and delight our chocolate-loving guests.”
Norman Love - whose beautiful, silky, rich confections have been recognized by InStyle Magazine, Martha Stewart Living and O, the Oprah Magazine – has designed some of the most decadent, hand-crafted treats in partnership with Princess for the cruise line’s exclusive Chocolate Journeys program, available fleet-wide. Trained in France, and the former executive pastry chef of Ritz-Carlton, Chef Love’s creations blend premium quality chocolate, unique flavors and artful designs, applauded by all chocolate lovers.
“Without a doubt, chocolate is everyone’s guilty pleasure,” said Love. “These new chocolate creations give guests even more opportunities to indulge in something that makes them instantly happy, while creating lifelong memories aboard Princess Cruises.”
The new “Chocolate Journeys” offerings, rolling out fleetwide in early 2016, include:
- International Café Treats* - Each day in the International Café, a chocolate treat designed by Chef Love will be featured, from milk chocolate mousse, caramel and chocolate flan to peanut butter chocolate tarts and milk chocolate Chantilly éclairs.
- Horizon Court Breakfast Items - Throughout the voyage, savory breakfast items featuring touches of premium chocolate will be offered, such as chocolate muffins, Bretons, puff pastry and Danishes.
- Horizon Court Evening Treats - Each evening, a delicious new chocolate cake will be served so guests can sample a new flavor each night.
- Afternoon Tea – Offered during the line’s popular afternoon tea, guests will be treated to scrumptious chocolate bites designed by Chef Love, paired with a selection of flavorful teas and other traditional afternoon tea fare.
- Chocolate Soufflé - Available on select evenings during the voyage, the main dining room dessert menu will feature a new signature Chocolate Soufflé, developed in partnership with Chef Love.
- Chocolate Cookie - Chef Love unveils his unique recipes for delicious premium Chocolate Journeys cookies, found in select locations around the cruise ship, including the International Café and Movies Under the Stars.