PreGel 5 star pastry series features Michael Laiskonis
Chef Michael Laiskonis of Laiskonis Consulting and Creative Director of the Institute of Culinary Education,
was formerly executive pastry chef of New York's infamous Le Bernardin for eight years where he helped the restaurant maintain three stars from the esteemed Michelin Guide and four stars from The New York Times. Chef Laiskonis is an award-winning chef, earning the title of "Outstanding Pastry Chef" in 2007 by the James Beard Foundation as well as one of the "10 Best Pastry Chefs in America" by Pastry Art and Design, just to name a few. He has been featured in numerous print, television and radio appearances internationally. PreGel is excited to welcome Chef Laiskonis back to PreGel's Professional Training Center for what is guaranteed to be another excellent PreGel 5-Star Pastry Series® seminar.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- The emphasis on flavor forward desserts
- How to improve classic methods to achieve new results
- How to infuse distant lands and cuisines into contemporary desserts
- Science in the kitchen, focusing on the structure and composition of pastry ingredients
- How to better understand the functionality of science and how to manipulate it
- The art of plated desserts as a form of architecture, textures and flavors
"This class was a dream come true as I was finally able to meet Chef Michael Laiskonis and learn from him. The entire class sat at full attention just gleaning as much information from him as possible. This was the best class ever! Thanks to PreGel for making it possible for us to improve on this level of learning at an affordable price. PreGel is helping us improve our skills, recharge and continue our passion. Looking forward to next year!" – Chef Gregory Arrendell, Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain, Trinidad
Join Chef Michael Laiskonis in April for "Modern Methods and Techniques in Plated Desserts."