Strawberry recipe contest
Not many things go together better than strawberries and Valentine's Day. To showcase one of the most seductive, healthy and versatile fruits on the planet, the California Strawberry Commission is accepting submissions for "The Most Romantic Valentine's Day Dish" Recipe Contest. Prizes will be awarded for dishes that best capture the essence of a romantic meal.
Winners will receive a total of $1,000 in Amazon gift cards before Valentine's Day: First Place - $500, Second place - $350, Third Place - $150. Winning recipes will be featured on the California Strawberries website for all to enjoy.
1. Submit recipe online at the California Strawberries Recipe Submission Page by Friday, February 4th, 2011.
2. Upload the recipe photo at: California Strawberries Facebook Page. Be sure to include recipe name and the words "Most Romantic Recipe Contest." Alternatively, images can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Eligibility – Must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years and older.
• Online Submission Deadline – Friday, February 4th, 2011
• Prizes – $500, $350, $150 Amazon Gift Cards will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
• Who can enter? – Anyone who enjoys cooking and food bloggers of all levels are invited to participate.
• Criteria –The dish must include fresh or frozen strawberries. It could be for any meal of the day and be categorized by main course, salad, side dish, appetizer or dessert. Additionally, it should have a romantic quality. Visual appeal, taste, creativity and ease of preparation will also be considered in the judging.
• Judging – Winning recipes will be selected by the California Strawberry Commission staff. Particular consideration will be given to recipes submitted with clear and creative photos. Further attention will be given to recipe photos that receive the most comments or "likes" on the California Strawberries Facebook page. Contestants are welcome to invite friends to "vote" for their photos.
For a little sweet inspiration, visit California Strawberries' recipe pages for romantic and alluring recipes such as Souffle Omelet with Balsamic Strawberries or Chocolate Dipped Strawberries!